In Chiang Mai, the best way to get around in the city is using the motorcycle. If you have NON-O visa (NON-Immigrate visa), you can apply for the driver license.
Here is the document you need for apply
- Copy of your passport
- Copy of your arrival card
- Copy of your NON-O via
- Resident certificate or work permit
- 2 photos (4 x 6 cm size) with white background
- Medical Certificate (You can get from any polyclinic. You must tell the purpose of using the medical certificate at the polyclinic. The fee is around 50-100 baht. The certificate is good only 30 days.)
- Thailand driving license application form (You will get at the Land Transportation Office. It is written in Thai. You may ask the officer to help you fill in.)
Where will you go for applying for the driver license?
For applying for the driver license, you will go the second floor and ask the officer at the reception desk. For foreigners, there is no booking online service. You must go to get the queue before 8 am. There is the limit of the queue each day.
How long will the process take?
The process will take two days. The first day, you must get trained in the training room until 4 pm (9am-12am, 1pm-4pm). Unfortunately no English in the class. The next day, you will take the exam around 10 am (The exam is English for the foreigners.). At 1.30pm, you will take the driving test. If you pass, you will get the driver license on the same day. The fee is around 305 baht.
Remember, go to the office early morning to get your queue (We went around 7:30 am.)
Website and Phone number