Lately, if you are the house or condo owner and you have the foreigners stay in your properties, you must report the immigration within 24 hours. If not, you will be fine at 1,600 baht.
Chiangmai immigration office for TM30 opens Mon-Fri from 8 am-4 pm. You can report on the next business day. (last updated on 9/5/2022)
Here is the document you need.
- a copy of the foreigner passport
- a copy of the arrival card
- a copy of a visa
- a copy of your ID card
- a copy of your house register book
- a TM30 form (You can download it from the immigration website or get one from the immigration office.)
- Please call the immigration of your city for more information. Because the required documentation can be changed the time to time.
- If the foreigner is my husband, I still report the immigration? Yes. No matter who stays with you, if they are foreigners and hold any Thai visa, you must report the immigration by yourself within 24 hours since they arrive on your property. Otherwise, you will be fined.
- If my foreign friend comes to stay with me for a short time, do I report the immigration? Yes. No matter who stays with you, if they are foreigners and hold any Thai visa, you must report the immigration by yourself within 24 hours since they arrive on your property. Otherwise, you will be fined.
- If the foreigners stay somewhere else(hotel in or out of the country) and they come back to stay with me, do I report the immigration? Absolutely, yes, you must report the immigration within 24 hours after they stay with you.
(update on 29 July 2018)
The immigration officer strongly recommends that the property owner must report to the immigration office in person. Even though the immigration website or the information signs in front of the immigration office says the property owners can report TM30 by sending the mail from the post office or registering on the internet.
(update on 28 May 2019)
Last week, my sister from the USA came to visit me in Chiang Mai. She arrived at the weekend(Sunday). I called the Chiang Mai immigration office and they said the immigration office opens every day but some services may not be available. For example, I needed to file the TM30 for my sister at my house address. The officer could not register the TM30 for me. I had to come back on the next business day on the third floor for new registration. But I could update my sister’s address if she had the registration at my house before. Plus, she could even update her address status by herself after her landing if she had the address registration at my house before. Even the immigration office opens every day but their service may be limited, you should call them and ask for the service you want to do with them first.
(update on 25 June 2019) – report TM30 online
For the house owner, It doesn’t convenient that I have to go to the immigration office and report TM30 in person since I am mostly busy with work. Even though I work from home as a freelance web developer. Recently I just success register the TM30 report online for the house owner. I tried to register before last year but I never got the login back into my email. But this year, I can. Here are the steps to register and get the login.
- visit the Online service from the immigration website
- and prepare the documents for submitting the registration form. Basically, it is all the related documents with your house.
- scan of Thai house registration
- scan of Thai ID card
- after you submit the form, you will get the log-in via your registration email. For me, it took around 4 days. So you should register 1 week early before your cousin or family will come to visit you from abroad.
24 hours service
Immigration inquiry call: 1178