For a Thai retirement visa, a person who holds this kind of visa must report at the immigration every 3 months. You can report 15 days before the due date or 7 days after the due date. If you miss your report, the fine is 2,000 baht. Also, you should go to the immigration before opening in order to get your queue. There is a limit of queues each day.
Regarding the information that I get from the immigration officer, here is the list of documents you need for your report.
- TM 30 (if you don’t know what is TM30, follow this link.)
- copy of your retirement visa (if you want to know how to apply for the Thai retirement visa, follow this link.)
- copy of TM6 – departure card
- copy of TM47-cm (The cm is for Chiangmai.)
- copy of picture page in your passport
- copy of the notification of the last extension
- copy of the last entry stamp
No fee for your report
- Call center: 1178
- Chiang Mai immigration website: